Not sure what to bring for your upcoming trip to Africa? We can offer you competent and efficient assistance in packing your travel bags.
Ana Maria Haldimann is our personal shopper of choice. Touring the relevant stores in Zurich or Bern takes about two to three hours and prepares you perfectly for your safari.
Ana, a former fashion editor, has already traveled with us and knows not only what shouldn‘t be missing on safari, but also in which stores you‘ll find the right clothes, travel bags, accessories and tools.
Contact SwissAfrican or Ana directly:
Ana Maria Haldimann
Telephone +41 79 261 37 93
What to bring for safari
- sturdy shoes (trekking shoes or solid sneakers are sufficient)
- light shoes, flipflop/sandals to wear in camp
- long trousers
- shorts and/or light trousers
- shirts, t-shirts, light blouses
- light down jacket and/or rain jacket/windbreaker
- scarf, hat, gloves and warm jumper (May to end of August and higher altitudes like Ngorongoro)
- bathing suit
- sunglasses, sun hat, sun screen
- toilet bag (towels and body wash are always available in camp)
- personal medicines
- glasses, contact lenses
- headlight (especially for camping tours and because we can never find the light switches at night)
- camera with charger/batteries/adapter
- passport, flight tickets, credit card, etc.
- pen (to fill in immigration forms)
Gorilla Trekking Extras
- hiking boots
- rain jacket & rain trousers
- hiking sticks (if required)
- long socks where the pants can be tucked in (gaiters are mostly available in camp)
- gloves (to protect your hands from thorns)
- simple first-aid kit (including patches and disinfectant)
This could be of interest to you